Behavioral Weight Loss Treatment
Losing weight effectively demands that you change your eating and exercise habits. However, we all know how hard it is to transform habits. And that’s why alternative weight loss treatment like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is available for addressing obesity from a psychological angle.
CBT helps a person embrace new lifestyle changes by addressing many different problems like psychological disorders, overeating, binge eating, and weight loss. It’s an effective weight loss treatment because it instills a different perception towards weight management by changing your thinking and behavior on how you see the matter.
Having the right mindset and right habits is critical for weight loss. These are five ways CBT can help you lose weight.
- Help you stop overeating by managing stress. No more emotional, binge, comfort or stress eating
- Help you to control hunger by differentiating feeling hungry and having a craving
- Increase your motivation to do exercise by increasing your activity level rather than simply increasing traditional exercises
- Help you understand your eating pattern
- Help you develop good eating and workout habits
- Offer long term weight management program by appreciating the weight already lost and encouraging ongoing weight maintenance
- Help boost someone’s self-esteem and confidence by correcting a person’s obsession with body image
- Equip a person with coping mechanism to handle obstacles during the program
- Help set realistic goals and sustainable lifestyle for both weight loss and maintenance
Intensive behavioral weight loss treatment can help a patient fulfill their lifestyle transformation separately from weight loss.