The New Year is not always happy for everyone.
If you or a loved one are starting this decade with he need for a felony attorney then you are likely not celebrating the beginning of the year 2020 with the happiest of visions. When legal problems occur, however, it is important that you find a felony attorney or whatever kind of legal help that you need as soon as possible. Very few legal issues will get any better if you ignore them and having a knowledgeable and experienced felony attorney or other legal representative on your side is essential.
As prison populations continue to increase across the nation there are many reasons why you want to make sure that you have the best legal counsel. Being sent into an overcrowded prison is often the beginning of a much worse spiral into bad decisions and circumstances. If you or your family can afford the most experienced felony attorney, however, you may find that your fines will be less, your time served will be shorter, and that your life will have a better chance of getting back on track.
Drug Possession Attorneys and Domestic Battery Lawyers Offer Different Kinds of Services
As drugs continue to be an issue in many parts of the country it might come as no surprise that there are an increasing number of people who are looking for legal advice. Knowing that a conviction may limit your future job possibilities is one reason to make sure that you get the best kind of legal representation that you can afford. Criminal defense lawyers do not often handle divorce case and divorce attorneys do not frequent courtrooms that deal with drug charges. As a result, it is important that you find an attorney who is experienced in the kind of case that you have. Just as you would not see a dentist for a shrined ankle and you would not go visit a clothing boutique to purchase a new car, it is important to know the tyou find a legal representative who is well informed and can look out for your best interest.
Criminal defense lawyers often have long lists of clients, but they also come with years of experiences. Working with an attorney who understands the local judges and courtrooms may allow you to make sure that you are able to understand the options that are available to you.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when getting legal help is in your best interest:
- More than 70 million people have criminal records indexed by the Interstate Identification Index (III) as of July 1, 2015. If you are facing a charge that can make you a part of this number it is important that you get a legal representative who will help you understand the options your are facing.
- In a time when many communities are taking a tough approach to the problems of drug addition, it is important to know that the current umber of drug arrests that were for possession only have reached more than 1.4 million.
- 663,367 is the number of people who were arrested for a marijuana law violation in the year 2018 alone.
- Despite making up just 31.5% of the U.S. population, 46.9% of people arrested for drug law violations are Black or Latino.
- 22 is the number of states that have decriminalized or removed the threat of jail time for simple possession of small amounts of marijuana.
- If you areever in this situation, it is important to know that upon arrest, you should be read your Miranda Rights, an explanation that includes informing you that you have the right to remain silent until you retain an attorney to speak on your behalf.
With changing laws about the use, possessions and distribution of marijuana, it is important to know the rules that you will be subjected to in your home town as well as any neighboring states. If you feel as if you have been wrongfully charged it is especially important that you seek legal counsel. If you want o make sure you do not ruin the New Year before it starts.